Sep 8, 2014

Life. 2 years later!

Wow. I cannot believe it has been almost 2 years since my last blog entry. Where on earth does the time go? I always say if I had one super power- it would be to SLOW DOWN TIME and boy do I mean it. 23 months ago I had a barely walking 15 month old and a sweet 5 year old gal whose baby toothed smile still resembled that of a toddler.... fast forward and Boom- Averie looks more like a jack-o-lantern, growing into a little lady quicker than I thought was possible. There is nothing baby about Jagger- He's definitely all BOY and BIG BOY if you ask him.  Then there's Rocklen Dash--Our sweet little surprise baby and sweet he is. Happy Perfection in every way is how I like to describe him.  He smiles all day long, even when he's crying- he's still smiling. Right now, he's fast asleep in his crib, &  I bet if I go in there and take a peek- there will be a smile on his precious little face.
Today is September 7th 2014. My dad's 57th Birthday. Seems like yesterday when I surprised him and flew in for his 50th! It's also Grandparents Day! 
Today seemed like a great day to start blogging again...tucked the kids in, got a large glass of ice water & sat down at my desk. Only got a few sentences in when the racket started. Sirens. helicopters. helicopters. helicopters. What is going on? First, I ran outside to see what I could see. (dumb move). When I noticed the search light shining down from above, i quickly U-turned it and locked all the doors. Called the Scottsdale PD to see what was up and they warned me--> they were looking for a burglar, and he wasn't in custody, so to be on the look out and lock my doors. {Thanks for the peace of mind, SPD I will be sleeping so sound tonight Wide Awake all night}.
Anyways, it's now 11:32 and there is silence..praying they caught the $*&$#@*. So back to me- A lot has changed and some hasn't. We've lived in our house now for about 2 years- Which is the longest (without leaving for a season) we've stayed in one place in a very LONG time. It's the only place Rock has lived, which seems weird to me (both Averie & Jag were quite the travelers at 8 months)! Being a mama to 3 is amazing. Wouldn't change it for the world. It's busy and I don't get a lot of sleep but I have also learned that I don't need a lot and actually get more done on less! It's also crazy how fast changing diapers and getting up at 3 am become second nature. Our motherly instinct is insane. 
I am still doing photography ( and am trying to find my niche so I can specialize in one or two areas and dominate) lol! I am excited to attend a workshop this fall & hopefully it will open my eyes & heart to what area (s) that may be. I shot a couple births this past year & totally loved it. I wish that could be my specialty, but unfortunately I don't think I would be too booked. I also shot a couple weddings- even flew to Dallas for one! Both were small and simple- and were a ton of fun! Loved doing it, so that is an option as well! Go Big or go home Right?! It's after midnight and I am off to bed..more to come in 2 years. haha. 
xx
8 months & Loving Life

3 years old! Always a good time!

2nd grader! Love her more than words can say!

(sorry for the lack of punctuation. I am just happy to have blogged again)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love your Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails