Sep 8, 2012

Moving, Kindergarten, Surgery,Walking, leaving, oh my!

Whew! What a whirlwind our lives have been since the kids and I arrived back in Arizona 3 weeks ago! I think i have sat down for 4.3 minutes. total. While Ava, jag and I were having fun in Oregon, Brian was here in Phoenix, {not having fun in the 115 degree heat} having MRI's, X-Rays, Arthograms, doctor's appointments, and so on and so forth! In between all of that mumbo jumbo, he had some time to house hunt. He actually put an offer in on one before I arrived home. Let me tell ya, either the photos of that house on Zillow were back in the glory days or someone should be arrested for false advertising. ha! lets just Thank God we were still inside our "ten day" period and were able to cancel that contract stat! (sorry brian)! It didn't take long for him to redeem himself, the very next day we looked at some others and found our future HOME! yay!! Buying a house aint easy folks, it's A LOT of work, driving around & providing ALL of our personal information. like everything. (I hope that none of these people are identity thieves or we're SOL)! I am saying this like we're 1st time buyers. We aren't. This is not our first rodeo, but for some reason 6 years and 2 kids later I am a completely different  buyer. I think we might have learned a thing or two the 1st time. Thank Goodness. Not getting an ARM is the 1st rule. (paying 9% interest in 2008 wasn't very fun or good for my saving strategy). Anyways, we have dotted the i's and crossed the t's and are on our way to a new address in a couple weeks! In the meantime, we have moved out of the condo we were renting and into our good friend's {donnie, paige & Liam) house til we close. This house is about 2 miles from our future home and much closer to Averie's school than the condo was! (I think that i have a passion for moving, but i just don't know it yet. I mean who wouldn't choose to move 2x in a 4 week period in August in Phoenix?) Okay, so now back to my blog title- I think I've covered the "moving" part and now onto something more exciting-KINDERGARTEN!!! Averie started Kindergarten last week and totally loves it! She has a fabulous teacher who is much more like a mama than a teacher. (it's a good thing). Mrs. White is so awesome we just love her. When she told me she hugs the kids all day long I was sold. Once we are moved {n the weather cools off} we can walk Averie to and from school each day! She'll probably ride her bike along side us! I went my first PTO meeting and plan to be involved as much as possible. (i really just want to be able to stalk averie volunteer in the classroom)! Ava sits at a table with Ada and Tallulah and they have become fast friends!! Ada was in pre K with Ava last year, so it was great to go into class knowing someone! School is from 845-315 so she has long days, but has adjusted better than I have.
Brian finally had surgery on August 28th and it went well. Dr. Lee shaved a bone spur, cleaned out some floaties and cauterized inflammation. It's still swollen and tender, but hopefully after some rehab it will be stronger and better than ever. He has his stitches removed on monday and a final check before he heads back to Japan. :( Yup, he has to go back (the team still owns him) to rehab and hopefully be better enough to play if the team makes the play offs. The carp are in 3rd place and the top 3 teams go on to play post season. It's pretty exciting because they haven't made play offs in like 100 20 years. Of course it would be a lot more exciting if Brian was healthy, but he isn't. that's life. :)
In other exciting news, Baby Jagger started walking TONIGHT! {14 months & 1 day} He just stood up with no help and walked across the room. Of course we all started screaming and freaking out so he instantly sat down! I did get my camera out and video a few steps to share!!There isn't a whole lot that is cuter than a baby learning to walk! He was wobbly and giddy, we couldn't stop smiling! As fun as this new milestone is for him and us, it's just another step in growing up which I am trying HARD not to let him do. I probably baby him more than I should and I might regret it in a couple years. but you know what. oh well.
Also want to send a Shout Out  (pretty sure that was the first time i have ever sent a shout out) to my dad! He celebrated his birthday yesterday!! Happy Birthday to the worlds best daddy & papa!!! LOVE you!!!
1st day of school!

My boys!

3 comments:

  1. Crazy busy girl! Cute post. I decided this week that 5 is my most favorite age. Lily and Isaiah started K too and it is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you guys and the new diggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, very fast,,, time passed...
    I hope your new life become awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We Love your Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails