Oct 18, 2010

A perfect Chili recipe

I decided to make chili today and of course I always use the same, fail proof, recipe! I got it from my mother in law; Chris Barden! She actually made this chili for Brian to enter in a "Chili Contest" when he was younger....and they took 1st prize!! It's simple and delish!

Simple Chili
Saute in a large pot -
1/2 white onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp olive oil
Once it's softened and a little browned add-
1 lb extra lean ground beef
After the meat has browned add the following and bring to a boil-
2 cans chili beans (i used Bush's)
2 cans stewed tomatoes (undrained)
1 can ranch beans(undrained)
1 can pinto beans (undrained)
Reduce to low and Let simmer for 1-2 hours
Season to taste with Salt, Pepper or Tony's!
 I serve mine with cornbread, sour cream, chopped red onion and shredded cheese! 
Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love your Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails