Jun 10, 2012

time.

How is it already June 10th of the year two thousand and twelve?! What the heck, where did the first 11 years of the "new millennium" go? Crazy to think that Brian and I met 12 years ago this month! What? You mean I am no longer a "twenty something"? Doesn't seem possible that I am closer to 31 than 29 and that my "new baby boy" is going to be a year old in 27 days. My mind is baffled almost everyday when I am reminded {by something as small as looking at my kids} of the speed of life. If I had one wish, it would be to slow it down. 
My wonderful Grandma Maryann or "gigi" as Averie calls her has had a lot of changes the past few months and she is a constant reminder that our time as earthlings is like a blink of an eye! She has lived 91 great years, but that doesn't make it any easier or validate the fact that she could be on her last one as I type. She has macular degeneration and is almost blind, but her mind is about as sharp as always!  I pray each night that God will restore her vision just for a day, week, month or even an hour so she could really see what Jagger's face looks like, play a fun game of cards on her own or do the crossword puzzle in Star Magazine (her favorite)! Gigi we miss you!! 
Anyways, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot slow down time, rather just enjoy each and every second I am here, and sometimes I forget to do that too! I am human after all. Some days I am so worried about taking enough pictures etc, that my camera or (iPhone most days) gets in the way of some fun play time. I try to snap a few pics or videos and then put the camera down til nap time! (still working on it though)!
Averie rec'd a fun bible study from her Auntie Sas for her birthday and we try to read a couple per week and do a craft that coincides the lesson. This week was an extra fun one! The lesson was about control and the craft, titled "Slippery Goo" was about things we can't control. It was a super, fun, easy thing and Averie loved it almost as much as I did! We were "awed" at what we saw!! (Be sure to watch the Video below)!
It's getting HOT in Herr!! lol- {circa college days 2002.} and by "hot" what I really mean is Humid, sultry, sticky and not too sweet! I don't think my deodorant works in Hiroshima, and I am not the only one who has that same complaint! The daily high's are around 80 but feel much warmer due to the humidity! [shouldn't I be used to the heat (phoenix) and we didn't exactly play for teams in the dry-lands (St Louis, Memphis, Miami, New Orleans, Round Rock)]!! Oh well, with moist air comes great skin and not so great hair so if you see me sporting the "bun-bow" you will know why! haha! 
We had a fun week- started off with a family trip to Fukuoka to go to Costco! After it was all said and done, not so sure it was worth it! Here's the breakdown--
*Hiroshima to Fukuoka- 1 hour on the Shinkansen (bullet train) $275.00 (each way)
*Local train- 20 minutes-$10.00 each way
*Taxi from the last train station to Costco-- $20.00 each way
*Costco-$400.00 (and they didn't carry about half the items on my list- Crystal light, Kirkland peanut butter, greek yogurt, coffee creamer, etc)
*Shipping the food from Costco back to Hiroshima- $30.00 (we can't take ground beef & mickey mouse nuggets in the diaper bag)!
*The fact that this Costco in Japan has almost the SAME EXACT food court as the Costco in America- PRICELESS! 
Also, some friends we played with in the Memphis/Cardinals days finally arrived! Nick (stavinoha) has been here all year, but his wife and 2 daughters arrived the end of May! It was so wonderful to see some familiar faces and catch up with Casey after a few years of not seeing her! Brian is practicing but thinks he will eventually have to fly back to Arizona, have surgery and return to Japan to rehab. This year has been strange- hopefully he can get his elbow repaired and continue playing asap!!! Averie went to a birthday party on Saturday, Hello Kitty was the theme-so very fitting! It was a fun time and all of the little girls were adorable! Ericka made some yummy food and all of the kids had fun!
Here are some pics of that and a few others from the week! They are all off of my phone, so excuse the quality! 
Peace!
We both enjoy the view!

So nice to see some old friends in Japan!

tried out the Bow-Bun! loved it!

demonstrating how we can't control the goo!


the chips actually have cheese on them...flavor burst for sure!


Ava's bow bun was cuter than mine!!

Brian took Jag to the Carp game!

Ava at her first birthday party in japan!

Isabella and Averie at the Hello Kitty themed party!

Breast Cancer Awareness at the Carp game! "what would they do if I sucked on it?"





No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love your Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails