May 1, 2012

days in Japan.

Hi. It's Tuesday 10pm and we just got done watching "Marley & Me"- Ava's choice! Of course I cried my eyes out towards the end, and am now sitting here with raccoon eyes and a runny nose. Nice. I do love that movie so much, but it makes me  us really miss our own doggie! We can't wait to get back and get some a million, wet Chica kisses! It's Golden Week here in Japan which means that a lot of business's and most schools are closed for the week, including the YMCA where Averie attends! She has now gone for 2 weeks and she doesn't think she wants to go back once the break is over! It's a very long day for her and she would rather be home with Jag and me...(besides that, she isn't crazy about the food they serve at lunch)! So, towards the end of the week, we will decide if she's going to keep going or not! I would love for her to go and experience it, but at the same time, kindergarten starts in August back in Phoenix and that is just around the corner.....so I don't mind if she stays home with me for awhile longer :)
Brian is on the DL, it both stinks and it's nice at the same time! The stinky part for him is being hurt and not being able to play, the stinky part for us is not having games to go to....but the good part is that he is home by 12:30 every day! It's not a horrible schedule and one could most definitely get used to it! He is resting his elbow and getting treatment on it daily- I guess we will see what happens once we actually plays in a game..or practice. If it still hurts, he will most likely have to have surgery!
I am in Disbelief that my sweet baby Jag is about to be 10 months old! What? Two more months til his First Birthday...I can't believe it! And how are Kate and Wills already celebrating their 1st wedding anniversary? Wasn't I just fat pregnant, lying in bed in Texas, watching their 1st public kiss at 2 in the morning?? Awe, the good ol' days...I love being pregnant. I was telling my sister Alyssa that I wish I could be pregnant and give birth....but not have a baby...and she was telling me that she wishes she could just have a newborn but not be pregnant or give birth...Crazy huh...hmmmm- Don't get any ideas now!!
We are all starting to get homesick and crave some American food (not all of the added hormones, steroids and GMO's though)..Averie told me that the 1st place she wants to eat when we get home is Pei Wei! I was hoping for Pita Jungle or Chipotle. We are also missing our friends, family and church! We have gone to the Christian church here a couple times, and it's great for what it is, but nothing like home!! I so miss the worship part of the service! Ava was telling me she can't wait to go home and go to a park with lots of green grass~ The parks here don't have grass, just dirt- so strange!! Tonight I made some yummy lettuce wraps, they were very simple and very tasty! Just a few ingredients too-
Freshly Ground Pork
Fresh ginger-grated
Fresh garlic-grated
carrot-grated
green onion-chopped
leftover brown rice
soy sauce
rice vinegar
salt n pepper
lettuce leaves

You should try it! 
xo A.

1 comment:

  1. That pic is tooooo cute! Love hearing about your time in Japan. I feel the same way about being prego. I love the end… if I could skip to the end then I would be happy.

    ReplyDelete

We Love your Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails